You can manage Solidus's available shipping methods, shipping categories, and
stock locations from the Settings > Shipping page.
You can manage your store's shipping methods on the Settings > Shipping
page, on the Shipping Methods tab.
When you create a shipping method, the following settings are available:
- Name: The name for the shipping method. Customer may see this name during
checkout and on invoices.
- Internal Name: The administrative name for the shipping method. Customers
do not see the internal name for the shipping method.
- Code: An optional code that identifies the shipping method.
- Carrier: The carrier being used by this shipping method.
- Tracking URL: A tracking URL pattern that provides tracking for packages.
is a variable that is replaced by every shipment's tracking number.
- Available to users: Sets whether the shipping method should be available
to users during checkout. If this is not checked, only store administrators
can assign the shipping method to shipments from the admin interface.
- Shipping Categories: Only products with the selected shipping categories
can use this shipping method. For more information, see
- Base Calculator: The shipping calculator that should be used for the
current shipping method. The available fields depend on the calculator
chosen. For more information, see
- Zones: Only customers in the selected zones can use this shipping method.
For more information, see the
- Tax Category: Optionally set a tax category that applies to this shipping
method. See the
article for more information about tax
Shipping methods require a shipping calculator in order to calculate shipping
for each possible shipment that your store could send out.
The following shipping calculators are available by default:
- Flat percent: Pick a flat percentage of the order price to charge.
- Flat rate: Pick a flat rate to charge.
- Flexible rate per package item: Pick rates for the first item and another
rate for any number of additional items. See
Flexible rate per package
for more information.
- Flat rate per package item: Pick a flat rate for each item being shipped.
- Price sack: Charge a shipping rate or a discounted shipping rate,
depending on the order subtotal. See
If your shipments require more specialized calculations, or you would like to
integrate a live shipping estimates from an external service, talk to your
Flexible rate per package item
When you select the Flexible rate per package item calculator, the following
settings are available:
- First Item: The rate that should be charged for the first item in a
- Additional Item: The rate that should be charged for additional items in a
- Max Items: The maximum number of items that the flexible rate should be
- Currency: The currency that shipping is charged in.
For example, you can charge $5 for the first item and $1 for each additional
item. If you set the Max Items setting to
3, then a customer is charged $7
shipping if they buy three items ($5 + $1 + $1).
The flexible rate is re-applied if the customer goes over the set Max Items
number. For example, if they buy six items instead of three items, they are
only charged an additional $7 (a second flexible rate of $5 + $1 + $1).
When you select the Price sack calculator, the following settings are
- Minimal Amount: If the order subtotal is less than this value, the
shipping rate equals the normal amount that you set.
- Normal Amount: The normal shipping charge.
- Discount Amount: The discounted shipping charge. This is charged only if
the order subtotal is greater than the set minimal amount.
- Currency: The currency that shipping is charged in.
For example, you could create a price sack shipping calculator with these
- Minimal Amount:
- Normal Amount:
- Discount Amount:
A customer who orders a t-shirt that costs $20 would be offered a shipping rate
of $15 using this shipping method. A customer who order three t-shirts, for a
subtotal of $60, would be offered a shipping rate of $5.
You can manage your store's shipping categories on the Settings > Shipping
page, on the Shipping Categories tab.
When you create a new shipping category, you simply give it a Name value.
You can assign this shipping category to any of your
Shipping categories relate to your store's
. Each shipping method can allow or disallow products
with certain shipping categories.
If you assign two products to two different shipping categories, you could
ensure that these items are always sent as separate shipments.
For example, if your store can only ship oversized products via a specific
carrier, called "USPS Oversized Parcels", then you could create a shipping
category called "Oversized" for that shipping method, which can then be assigned
only to oversized products.
You can manage your store's stock locations on the Settings > Shipping page,
on the Stock Locations tab. Each stock location represents a location where
your products ship from.
Product stock can be managed from the
page or while you add
or edit products (from the
Stock locations have the following settings:
- Name: Required. The name for the stock location. Customers could see this
name during checkout or in invoices.
- Code: An optional code that identifies the current stock location.
- Internal Name: The administrative name of the stock location. Only store
administrators would see this name.
- Active: Sets whether the stock location is active and can be used.
- Default: Sets whether this stock location should be used as the default
stock location. Only one of your stock locations can be the default one.
- Backorderable default: Sets whether this stock location should allow
backorders by default. This is enabled by default.
- Propagate all variants: Sets whether this stock location should create
stock items for all of your store's
. This is enabled by
- Restock inventory: Sets whether returned items should restock inventory at
this stock location. This is enabled by default.
- Fulfillable: Sets whether the stock items at this location are
fulfillable. When the checkbox is checked, then stock is checked before
shipments can be confirmed, and emails will be sent to customers about the
stock items. This is enabled by default.
- Check stock on transfer: Sets whether stock should be checked when
transferred to another stock location. This is enabled by default.
You can also optionally set the address for the stock location using the
provided Address fields.