Promotion actions define what should happen when a
applied to a customer's order. For example, a typical promotion action might be
free shipping or a fixed percentage-based discount.
Promotion actions create
on orders, line items, or
When you create a new promotion action for a promotion, you must go through the
Create a new promotion
or edit an existing
- Choose a
promotion action type
Add action of type drop-down menu.
- Choose from the available
the Calculated By drop-down menu.
- Set the discount amount for the current promotion action. This could be one
of many types of discount depending on the promotion calculator being used.
(For example, the amount could be a flat percentage or a flexible rate.)
Note that if you choose the promotion action type Free Shipping that steps
3. and 4. are not applicable.
When you add or edit a promotion, you can create promotion actions of four
- Create whole-order adjustment: Promotion actions with this type apply to
all of the items in an order.
- Create per-line-item adjustment: Promotion actions with this type apply to
a single item in an order.
- Create per-quantity adjustment: Promotion actions with this type apply to
items based on the quantity that is being purchased.
- Free shipping: Promotion actions with this type negate all shipping
You can have multiple promotion actions with different promotion action types on
a single promotion.